Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chilled First Night in Boracay



Boracay Island is without a doubt one of my most favourite places that I've been to: a beautifully lush island with white powdery sand, warm, clear blue and rock free ocean water and a chilled and party-island ambience.

We first visited here as part of our Asia trip in 2008 and knew we had to come back. And so here we are on our first night at this paradise island on Wed. Nov. 24 - the 4th leg of our Philippines trip - where we will stay until Sunday Nov. 28.

Our agenda? If it's anything like our first night tonight - on which we strolled along the lit beach, ate, watched TV and updated my blog - a whole lot of chilling and nothingness.

But I did make sure to grab a picture of the beautiful sunset on the island this time around. It was one thing I didn't get to do last time.

The one distinct difference I've noticed right away is that in just two years the island has become much more commercialized. A few new resorts have opened up and a major fast food chain has opened shop.

One of the things I loved about Boracay during our first visit was its remote state and the fact that it wasn't so crowded and commercialized. I hope the island does not lose this spirit.

But nonetheless, Andrew and I look forward to enjoying the next few days on this heaven on Earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was great! i had a massage on the beach there. it was so good!