Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fun Night Out with the Cousins



When life throws you a lemon, thank goodness for younger hospitable cousins who help press them into lemonade for you.

We missed our 3:45 p.m. flight to Boracay on Friday. We had got dropped off at the wrong airport and by the time we got to the right one - after crazy traffic - the gate had closed. We were at the airport nearly thirty minutes before take off and they wouldn't let us on. It was so frustrating - especially when the next flight was not till 5:30 the next morning.

Andrew and I were pretty upset, but it quickly wore off when my cousin drove us to my uncle's house to stay the night. It was my first time seeing his home and it's beautiful and huge! After the tour, Andrew and I passed out.

Around 1 a.m., after napping and catching up with my cousin Westin and aunt, we head out to experience Manila nightlife with my two cousins.

They took us to a bar lounge in Makati. Seeing the younger kids in the room, Andrew and I felt like chaperons. But the crowd was fun and easy going. It was also Halloween and some kids came out in costume - including a guy who came as Chuck Bass. Chuck Bass! Hilarious!

We were soon relaxed after a few drinks.

And speaking of drinks - holy cow. Are the drinks ever cheap! I had a tequila shot, mango daquiri, mudslide drink and another mango cocktail. It probably came to around $16 CAN (my cousins' treat!).

Funniest moment of the night was when amidst all the hip hop songs, suddenly came "Season of Love" from Rent - and everyone started singing and dancing along. It was hilarious! I wanted to dance, but I was worried that I would clear the floor. You know, the music suddenly stops and you hear crickets.

We went straight from the lounge to the airport at 3:30 a.m. I was on a feel good buzz, until the biggest, most frustrating moment of our trip transpired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ryan, westin and bio took you out drinking? hahaha. sounds like you guys had FUN!!!! yay!

AV said...

I didn't get a chance to see Bio yet. He went out with his friends that night. But I did go with Ryan and Westin and met some of Westin's friends. They seem pretty cool!