Monday, November 10, 2008

Kiking



You can technically say I got beat up by a girl when I was younger. This girl is Kiking, who kicked out my front tooth while we were playfighting once. It's really hilarious, actually, looking back. My dad got so mad that he didn't want the two of us hanging out anymore! And me - well, I have a lot of funny big smily pictures from my childhood to look and laugh at now.

Kiking - aka Christine - was one of my good friends when I lived at the San Bin Private School from age 3 to 7, before immigrating to Canada in 1989. My family lived on the second floor, while hers lived on the third. I hung out often at her place and spent a lot of time sitting and watching her two older brothers play Nintendo (the game Kung Fu was so cool at the time). She also had a maid named As, who was nice. For some reason, I also remember really enjoying the deep fried frog legs they served when they invited me over for dinner once.

Kiking and I haven't kept in touch much since I left in 1989, but began to again about a year ago. So I really wanted to see her during my stop in Manila. She joined my cousins and I for hot pot dinner in the Ongpin area (Chinatown) on Friday night, which was near our old home, San Bin.

It was so good to see Kiking again. It's like the 19.5 years just flew by. And yes, the tooth-kicking story was one of the first to be retold!

No comments: